I have a friend and cycling team mate considering the vegan option. He’s a couple days in and people like to chime in about protein, health, nutrients, etc… I’ve been a vegetarian for 24 years and finally switched over to a vegan diet a little over 1 year ago. After switching to a vegan diet I felt an overall boost in energy and stamina… This is purely anecdotal, but I just feel better. This “feeling better” sensation is something that is shared by the elite athletes below.
I ran track in college and started cycling / racing about 4 years ago. After I switched to a vegan diet I was top 5 in some cat 3 CX races and finally won which allowed me to upgrade to Cat 2 and race in the Elites.
I also seem to recover faster than my non-vegan friends and can pound. I could go on and on about the benefits. Which I will in other posts. Until then, be awed, by these vegan elite athletes!
Elite Vegan Athletes
#1 running back in the NFL 2011/2012 – Two time All-Pro. While I’m not a NFL fan I’m very fond of Arian Foster. His tweets, his philosophy, etc… Plus he kicks ASS living life!
– legendary ultra marathon runner. 3x ultra marathon runner of the year. 7-time Western States 100 champion! Author of Eat and Run: My Unlikely Journey to Ultramarathon Greatness
- Scott Jurek Ultra Running Legend
MMA destroyer. Also an Xterra Triathlete (mountain biking, trail running and swimming) http://nickdiaz.net/
– Elite Marathon runner with a 2hr 38minute pb. Holds many course records.
MMA bad ass
MMA bad ass
Vegetarian Olympian. He had his best year was when he turned vegan.
Professional Dancer. Appared in “Stomp”
– NHL ‘informer’
– elite professional triathlete
– raw vegan “running raw”
– cyclist california state champion shooting for 2016 Olympics
US Cyclocross racer